Tired of Facebook Ads?
Are You Really?
See No Evil
Ad blindness, where users will glaze over your ads without acknowledging it. This occurs more and more frequently as the digital landscape becomes more cluttered. But how do we beat it? In one word, relevance!
- Audience is very niche – The smaller your target audience, the more likely that they will be exposed to your ads more often.
- Target audience is small and your daily budget is high – Facebook will always try to spend your daily budget and they usually succeed. Therefore, they will be forced to show your ad to users more frequently.
Ultimately, if your frequency is too high, you run the risk of annoying the user, but there are measures that you can take to minimize the risk.
How to combat this?
- Your campaign should have 2 or 3 ads in rotation at all times to avoid users seeing the exact same ad creative and copy every time.
- Swap out your ad copy weekly or at least every 2 weeks.
- Use bright and eye-catching images, and keep them fresh.
- Consider utilizing a campaign management solution in order to automate this rotation.
Find the Sweet Spot
There is no perfect equation for reaching the perfect frequency for your business needs; however, this can be achieved by testing the impact of audience size and budget combinations over time. This is an ongoing test that will likely deliver different results depending on industry, product type, target audience, and environmental factors. Celebrate your success, but don’t stop there! There are always improvements that can be made to your campaign.
Have you experienced ad fatigue or blindness? How did you overcome it??