Sticking the Landing!
Great Landings Convert
You’ve invested significant effort targeting, marketing, and engaging your client. They’ve made the effort to visit so you need to be sure they stick the landing. In getting all the way to your landing page, your client is expressing interest in your message. The next step is simple: Confirm and Convert.
Confirm – use consistent branding and messaging to give your client confidence that they have arrived at the right place and are moments from getting what they want.
Convert – present an obvious next step for your client.
How to Confirm and Convert:
- Matching Headline – repeat or extend the marketing message the client has already experienced prior to landing on your site. Examples of repeat/extend pairs:
- Get In On Fantastic Savings
- Fantastic Savings Start Now
- Strategic Info That Can Double Your Sales
- Double Your Sales With This Info
A supporting tagline can help ensure this message is autonomous (not reliant on prior marketing) in case your client has arrived at your landing page without having experienced your external marketing (not likely, but it’s possible.) Avoid the dreaded undefined “Click Here To Begin” which can erode confidence or even raise suspicions (eep!).
- Focused Relevance – match your landing page elements to external marketing materials, and be sure they dominate or are prominent on the page. Custom landing pages are best (especially for tracking) but if you must embed your landing page elements in a standard home page, be sure they are amongst the first things a client sees. 30% or more of your hard-earned leads can simply wander away if they cannot immediately confirm that they are at the correct page.
- High Profile CTA – give your client an obvious click target to speed them through conversion. This is the point of your whole campaign, so be sure it is obvious and easy to find. Nothing frustrates more than unanticipated delays such as a wall of text or additional considerations. Your client has already committed thus far. Make sure the last step is quick and easy.
All this will happen in about 1/10th of a second in the mind of your client. They will happily convert if everything is in place, whereas a poor landing page results in frustration, eroded customer confidence, and lost leads.
So get out there and land your clients!