Reporting to the Media Director, the Media Planner/Buyer works with clients, agency partners, media partners and the internal Vovia team to develop strategic media plans that focus on the business objectives, customer needs, media consumption trends and channel trends. These plans may either be integrated or very channel specific. This individual must have digital media planning experience, specifically an understanding of how the digital media landscape is evolving.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead development of media plans for key clients through collaboration with partners and internal teams.
- Responsible for media buying and ongoing media budget management.
- Manage media partner relationships for the accounts you are assigned to. Ensure all contracts are still approved by Media Director and Client Service Director where appropriate.
- Work with the client, the internal analytics and client service team to develop key objectives that media should be tracked and measured against.
- Passion to drive superior client media results. Ability to analyze web metrics, provides campaign reports and recommend optimizations for performance gains.
- Maintain media plans including changes, budgeting, execution, reporting commentary, optimizations
- Manage all types and stages of media buying from setups to contract negotiations and reconciliations.
- Experience evaluating media opportunities and providing your POV’s in writing.
- Conduct ongoing research around media trends, to contribute to an innovative culture that is always looking for ways to drive continuous improvement whether it is through new channels, new technologies or ad platforms etc.
- Support on new business RFP’s or case studies where media research or expertise may be required.
- Comfortable providing webinars or client information sessions around media trends.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of both media planning and buying experience
- Have media partner relationships where you have been exposed to beta opportunities
- Strong experience with digital trends and channels
- Passion for results and experience either in reporting or objective setting
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience using ComScore, Nielsen, Numeris, Google Analytics and other media tools.
- Degree or diploma in a related program such as marketing, communications, advertising