Marketing Assistant – Summer Student
Vovia is different. We think you’ll feel those differences in a few key ways: the people you’ll work with, our focus on continual innovation and development, and our commitment to support you on the path that works for you.
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant (Summer Student) to provide marketing support for a 16-week term position. This is a set term contract that can start by May 7, 2019 with an end date of August 30, 2019. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a media and marketing agency in a fast-growing business environment.
Vovia is a leading marketing, media, and data analysis agency. We believe that success comes from focusing on our people by creating an environment where everyone is free to be themselves and feels supported while doing meaningful work together.
What We Offer
- To be part of a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
- Recognition – everyone is a contributor
- To be part of a culture that focuses on continuous improvement and innovation – it really is embedded in everything we do
- Other benefits designed to help you be the best you can be in life and at work: Social team builders, ongoing training and a relaxed atmosphere.
A detail-oriented student with excellent people and communication skills. You are organized, a strong writer, and interested in learning more about working in a fast-paced agency environment. You are motivated and work well independently, but also enjoy working with awesome people in a team setting. Your previous manager or mentor would describe you as dependable, inquisitive, detail-oriented and organized. You’re looking to apply what you’ve been learning in a classroom to real-world business and marketing scenarios!
What You’ll Be Doing
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside the client service team and with a variety of departments within our organization including digital media, traditional media and marketing intelligence teams. The position will be based out of our Calgary office.
You will be working closely with the account management team to assist in day-to-day client/account management and internal teams at Vovia. This will include:
- Assist with project/campaign estimates, including forecasting and scheduling
- Assist with campaign strategy and briefing, including brief creation and internal brief meetings
- Assist with project/campaign coordination, including workback schedules, ad specs and creative timelines, ad setup and copy review, and client-facing documents for review
- Assist with performance tracking and reporting
- Assist with internal process development and documentation
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Currently enrolled in a marketing program at an accredited college/university
- Intermediate with Microsoft Office and G Suite products including Excel, Gmail, Google Sheets and Docs
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task, establish and set priorities
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Note: This position is offered in partnership with the Government of Alberta’s STEP program. Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in or attending a school in Alberta and returning to full-time school no later than November 1, 2019 as part of a program that will result in a certificate, diploma, or degree. Unfortunately, students who are currently part of other Government funded programs (Co-op, etc.) are not eligible for this position.
Nice to Have’s
- Prior digital marketing or agency experience
If you think you’d be a great fit for our team, then we’d love you to send your resume and cover letter to hr[at]vovia.com.