Vovia is different. We think you’ll feel those differences in a few key ways: the people you’ll work with, our focus on continual innovation and development, and our commitment to support you on the path that works for you.
We are looking for an Accounting Coordinator to help manage accounts payable and receivable and assist with reconciliations and financial reporting. This is a full-time role that reports to our Controller and is based out of our head office in Calgary. You will be given opportunities to test and expand your inquisitive, technical, analytical, and communication skills.
Vovia is a leading marketing, media, and data analysis agency. We believe that success comes from focusing on our people by creating an environment where everyone is free to be themselves and feels supported while doing meaningful work together.
What We Offer
- To be part of a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
- Recognition – everyone is a contributor
- To be part of a culture that focuses on continuous improvement and innovation – it really is embedded in everything we do
- Other benefits designed to help you be the best you can be in life and at work: Social team builders, group benefits and health spending account, ongoing
- training and professional development opportunities.
A detail-oriented, innovative task master with excellent analytical skills. You are motivated and work well independently, but also enjoy working with awesome people in a team setting. Your previous manager or mentor would describe you as dependable, inquisitive, detail-oriented, organized, and constantly looking to innovate. You’re always learning how the latest accounting techniques and technologies can help benefit our business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist with accounts receivable including invoicing, collections and reconciling/posting customer payments
- Assist with accounts payable including entering purchase orders into the accounting system, verifying the accuracy of vendor invoices, entering vendor invoices into the accounting system, reviewing open purchase orders to ensure all vendor invoices have been received, reconciling discrepancies and preparing cheque runs
- Assist with media campaign reconciliations
- Assist with month/year end including bank and intercompany reconciliations, accruals, and financial statement preparation
- Other general accounting functions as required
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Secondary education or equivalent work experience is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- High degree of professionalism and communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail with proven organizational and time management skills
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Nice to Have’s
- Previous experience with accounts payable and/or receivable
- General knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and cloud storage platforms
If you think you’d be a great fit for our team, then we’d love you to send your resume and cover letter to hr[at]vovia.com.